Thursday, May 11, 2017

Thursday 11th May 2017

STUDENTS
Rexsoft Team
Volodia Kanyuka
My grandparents’ house is opposite the church.
My hand is getting better.
take - took - taken
pain vs ache
head+ache
tooth+ache
back+ache
Igor has a headache every day.
pocket handkerchief
should
sign+ature
І навіть гірше.
even (2)
cold+er (than)
Yesterday it was colder than today.
bad - worse (than) - the worst
good - better (than) - the best
He fancies Bridget. - Він подобає Бріджет. = Йому подобається Бріджет.
1) Не вірю! = Не бреши!; 2) Не дочекаєтесь! = Не дозволю!
1) Це те, що треба!; 2) З мене досить!
what (3)
Excuse me, but I have to answer this call.
A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Я не дбаю. = Мені начхати.
чи - 1) if; 2) or; 3) паразит
tip vs advice
chips vs crisps
Наш поїзд прибуває о восьмій годині вечора.
1) уникати; 2) попереджати

Olga Yatsyuk
book+mark - книжка+позначка = закладка
1) big; 2) large; 3) giant
impertinent vs rude
Nice to meet you.
Please, meet my daughters, Masha and Liza.
I meet Igor and Ira every day at work.
come across vs meet
Lybid Plaza is across the street.
crucifix vs cross
Я маю багато зустрічей щодня.
My neighbours have flown to NY.
Igor has told me to watch a series.
I have found a sweet under the bench.
sweetheart

CTO (1)
I’m late because I have been talking to our CEO. = I’m late because I’ve talked to our CEO.
I’m spoke
I was speaking to our CEO when Irene came up to me and reminded me (that) I have an English class.
have/has been (4)
You have hired a new HR manager.
Present Perfect: signal words: just, already, yet, recently
Have you added them yet/already? - No, I haven’t added them yet.
I have managed a lot of different projects.
I have seen ‘Iron Man’ four times.
I have been to Ternopil 12 times. vs I was in Ternopil last week.
Where were we?
Я це чув багато разів.
Кицюня, що ти наробила?
Кохана, де ти була?
be, live, work, have in Present Perfect
I am here. vs I have been here since 9 am/ for eight hours. vs I was here and hour ago.
I live in Khm. vs I have lived in Khml.
Igor, we have been talking for seven hours.
We have been developing your project for 6 months and you have changed your design 10 times.
I have a project. vs I have had a project for 6 months.
Sasha has a car. He has had a car since 2000.
I have been - Я є (вже впродовж певного часу)
I have worked - Я працюю (вже впродовж певого часу)
I have lived - Я живу (вже впродовж певного часу)
I have had - Я маю (вже впродовж певного часу)
I have known - Я знаю (вже впродовж певного часу)
why are your shoes wet? I have washed a car
Have you made plans on saturday?
abide by sth - abode - abided - терпіти, дотримуватись
Ukrainians have abided by it for all their history.

Olga Zagurska
get to do sth
get = understand/hear
Sorry, I still don’t get it. You’ll have to explain.
utilize vs use

Andrew Valentuk
Ira sent me a link.
If I add a link to my bookmark, will it be updated every time when Iran updates the source.
impertinent vs rude
Many programming languages exist. vs There are many programming languages.
much/many vs a lot of
look (2) Look at that girl, she looks great.
un+usual vs weird vs strange
ride a bike, a horse, a camel, an elephant, donkey, a ride
override vs overwrite (2)
Я виходжу з будинку кожен ранок о 8:30.
he’s vs his
в решті решт
Murphy U16 e.16.4 revision

Victoria
open vs opened
recycle
live to be very old
substitute sb vs cover for sb

Volodia Vevdiuk
ache /eik/ vs pain vs hurt
toothache
earache
backache
I am aching all over.
git stash (pop)
I don’t mind. vs I don’t care.

No comments: